Volunteering is an excellent way to give back to your community. It puts you in the centre of things and allows you the opportunity to make a difference, while meeting great people of different backgrounds, all gathered with the same goal of making downtown Richmond Hill a more vibrant place to be.
The Village of Richmond Hill BIA is always looking for volunteers. If you have ideas to improve or beautify our wonderful community, or would like to donate your time, skills or talents, please don’t hesitate to click the button below.
Committees, Festivals and Events
There are many ways you can engage with your local BIA. You can either opt to be part of programming and planning committee, or you can just volunteer on the day of the event.
You can select where you’d like to help out:
- The Village of Richmond Hill BIA’s hospitality booth (information and merchandise);
- Vendor check-in, performer check-in, coordinator or liaison;
- Setup or teardown of tents, stands, etc.;
- Visitor check-in and information;
It is important to note that here, at the Village of Richmond Hill BIA, we value your time and opinions and your contribution will always be recognized with a BIA Certificate of Appreciation.
We are open to and welcome volunteers of all ages and backgrounds. There are no restrictions or pre-qualifications.
Without the help of our community volunteers, it would be impossible to accomplish so many of the important mandates and missions we strive to achieve, such as community betterment and beautification and promotion of all the wonderful businesses of downtown Richmond Hill.
Join us today and help us in promoting our historic Village, as Richmond Hill’s primary shopping, business and entertainment destination!
As a Volunteer You Will
- Assist at some of Richmond Hill’s leading special events and festivals;
- Acquire new skills in events production and coordination;
- Help promote and support your local businesses;
- Contribute to your community’s betterment and wellbeing;
- Experience the great feeling of helping downtown Richmond Hill become a more lively and vibrant community;
- Meet other likeminded and community-oriented neighbours and form new connections and friendships.
Want to Volunteer?
To volunteer for the Village of Richmond Hill BIA,
- You must be 16 years of age or older; and
- Be a resident of Richmond Hill.
Perks of Volunteering
There are many positive aspects to donating your time:
- You will become part of an amazing network of enthusiastic individuals;
- Receive regular updates on the hottest and latest special events and activities, happening in Downtown Richmond Hill;
- Receive a BIA Certificate of Appreciation after each festival;
- Receive certificate of hours (for students requiring community service volunteer hours);
- Be eligible for the annual BIA Volunteer Recognition Awards, and more!